Monday, 25 August 2014

Greyface

Hat: Berlin Christmas market, Dress: Madewell, Blazer & blouse: UniQlo, Boots: Anthro
 Why, how are you? Me, I'm half dead. If anyone ever tries to convince you painting an entire apartment is easy as pie, then let me tell you - they are liars. Filthy liars. I am sitting here with chunks of white and blue paint all over myself - even in my fringe! - and I am too tired to even go wash my hair.  
Victor, to his great joy, has discovered that he can paint ambidexterously. Today, I heard him shout - like a Marvel superhero - "Go on, left hand - it's your chance to shine!!" Yeah, echoes carry in an apartment that hasn't got any furniture in it yet...


This is one of those "save it for a rainy day" outfits - I think I wore this in April or May, to have chicken burgers with Victor. (And a single helping of fries, that is all his in theory but which of course I will steal from.) I guess the main attraction here was supposed to be my hat? Anyway, watch me rock these grays like a boss - I like to say that I sometimes experiment with neutrals the way other people experiment with drugs. Also, I seem to have a pattern with dressing really inappropriately for super-mundane things. Burger-date? Pussy-bow blouse, blazer and a hat. Rock concert where people throw underwear on stage? Blazer and a tasteful beaded Madewell top. Yeah...


As for "Greyface", have you ever heard about a blog called "Ask The Mighty Thor?" I think it started around the time the first Avengers movie came out, and the general gist is that you can leave questions for Mr. God Of Thunder himself to answer... and answer he will. And all those people who submit their questions anonymously, with those little grey icons next to them, well, The Mighty Thor will address them simply as Greyface. As in "Well put, Greyface!" or "I cannot understand the Greyfaces and their fascination with my brother Loki." Which used to crack me up to no end... And since I'm wearing all grey in these pictures, I though... Yeah, you BET I've been sniffing that paint!

8 comments:

  1. LOL! Isn't inhaling paint fumes kind of like getting drunk? I saw your blue wall on Instagram and it looked fantastic. Painting is horrible though. I tired it once and got depressed. Love the hat!! And the shades of grey.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh painting is like the labours of Sysiphus - you do one bit, then you have to fix another... but the flat is coming along nicely now! Only one feature wall and touch-ups left to do, for this part of the works anyway! And I agree, paint fumes make you woozy - it's always when I marvel at how fresh the London air is as I go outside that I realise that, haha! Glad you like my blue wall!

      Delete
  2. Grey is one of my very favorite colors. I love it. And I love you in it. You look so good! And that hat?! So awesome. Thor would definitely approve. I need to see pictures of your painting. I just am scared of Instagram.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, Jenni, I get the fear of social media completely. I literally break out in cold sweat at the thought of facebook and twitter. So don't worry, I will do a post about all the different things we've done with the apartment - Victor's been a good boy and taken lots of photos! I love that you think Thor would like my hat! ;) "Perhaps I need something similar," he might boom, "My luscious locks do tend to get whipped into a tangle when I let my hammer drag me through the heavenly spheres!" ... meh, I don't write good Thor, haha!

      Delete
  3. Is it all of the blue paint that has you feeling gray? lol Like you have to rebel against color in an attempt to snub the blue paint that's driving you crazy? Small victories, Gwen. Small victories.

    This look, by the way, is absolutely adorable. You look ready for fall and positively British. That hat is perfection. And the fluffy shirt is amazing. And, as always, in true Gwen fashion, you infused it with a special something: those moto boots. I knew we'd be seeing them soon. Bring on autumn and more looks like these!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miz Liz, you crack me up! I bet my brain has been slightly fried by the two (!) blue contrast walls - because I have packed so much blue in my suitcase!! Hahaha. I also brought the moto boots with me, because I cannot live without them. And thanks to you, I kept that shirt - I was sooo close to donating it before the move, but then I was like, "No, Liz likes it on me!"
      Hope you are having so much fun in Scotland that you'll consider emigrating there and being my almost-neighbour! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love this outfit! The hat is so cute and the boots... perfect.

    I painted for the first time this summer... our deck, and and we painted it grey. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liana! :) And grey is just such a versatile colour, isn't it. I think it's universal, grey is the new black! ;)

      Delete