Sunday, 14 September 2014

Beefcake

Vest: from Norway, Top: Anthro, Shorts: from Hong Kong  Sandals: Birkenstock.

So one minute, we're moving house, and the next minute... We're in Hong Kong?! 
A lot has happened i  the last few weeks. With my mother by my side, I hVe e gaged in more hard physical laour than any orphan  in a three-volume Victorian novel. We have painted and packed and scrubbed, and so has Victor. Frankly, it's a miracle that none of us dropped dead.



And then, literally the day after we were officially done with out old apartment, we had to get on a plane to Hong Kong. We ordered the tickets months ago, and I'm so glad we did. Because if two people ever needed a trip to sunny Honkers more than we did right then... Nah, that's just not possible!


Our hotel is really close to Kowloon Park , so when Victor spotted what looked like a statue of Lion-o from Thundercats, we had to go investigate. And that was how we chanced upon the Avenue of Comic Stars, which is not quite as awesome as the actual Avenue of Stars down by the harbour... But still, we liked it!


I mean... Where else can you go swoon over hunkilicious cartoon beefcake like this?! I had my current husband snap my picture with my future husband... Just kidding -  I actually am not that attracted to muscles! But it was a fun photo-op.


 Much more fun than trying to  blog from my damn phone...

8 comments:

  1. Lovey indeed, sounds like you've been super busy. But this trip looks stupendous and well deserved. Plus, you look as adorable as can be... love the pink shorts & vest combo. Cute, cute!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Veronika! Super busy pretty much nails it - we are charging our batteries by soaking up the sunshine and hanging out with family. Our nephew is two now, and he's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Hope you are having a wonderful time. You look super cute in your pink shorts and bunny shirt!! Wish I was there!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! I wish it were warm enough here to repeat that outfit, because it was probably my favourite from the whole trip! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that top on you! I want to wear mine tomorrow! And maybe I shall! Swooning over statues is always good in my book. Especially in a bunny shirt! I hope you are having a relaxing and super sweet time!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennikins! Did you end up wearing your bunny top too? I'm just amazed by how versatile this bunny shirt turned out to be! We did end up having a lovely time. :)

      Delete
  5. What a fun and bizarre place! Are you pledging allegiance to that beefcake? Because that's what it looks like. lol

    I love this look, for all the reasons you can probably assume. There's an adorable bunny peeking out from your waist. It has a pink nose. And you're wearing pink shorts. You just look so cute and spunky and sweet. Those anime hunks probably thought you're the sort of girl to go weak at the knees for them in (or pledge allegiance to them, it would appear...).

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am swearing fealty as his lowly subject and lusty wench! ;) Well spotted, Miz Liz. You are right, those anime hunks were just totally aloof and kind of pretended they couldn't even see me. But then, I *am* a happily married woman, so maybe that was for the best!

      ...my inner nerd now wants to track down scanlations of all these weird comics they appeared in, especially that thundercats-lookalike guy!

      Delete