Friday, 17 October 2014

Under Construction


Blazer & shirt: Bossini, Jeans: AG's via Anthropologie, Shoes: Clark's
What is it with me and posing with bottles of turpentine?! While other bloggers pose with their cups of Starbucks or freshly buffed apples or whatever... I pose with turps. Just please don't think I actually drink it! We are still painting and hammering and fixing up our new place, even though we've been living here for a while now. Maybe I'll be able to share some pictures of it soon...  


Anyhow, I bought a magazine when we were in Tokyo called Fudge, because it promised to teach you "How to dress in London style". So I was all, okay, so let's see what they think people dress like - or should dress like? - in London. Suddenly, all the red sweaters I'd been seeing on the streets started to make sense, because Fudge was heavily into their red knitwear! This was the closest approximation I could put together of a "Fudge London" outfit - and I like it! 

Jacket: UniQlo, Top & booties: Anthro, Necklace: c/o Liz :), Skirt: J.Crew

Lastly, here's a blast from the past! I found this picture on my camera, the last one taken at the balcony of our old flat. I have to say, one thing I miss is having a neighbourhood where I know all the good spots to take sneaky photos. Where we live now, I have no idea where to go - so either I'll have to go back to my old area, or keep up the balcony pictures. Ah, First World problems. 

8 comments:

  1. Excited to hear you're hammering and decorating away. Can't wait to see the finished results - love home tours, especially from bloggers, so much more relatable than the fancy magazines. And how adorable are you? Love both these outfits. Polka dots for the win! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely! I guess polkadots are becoming my "thing"? Haha! And I've just got a few more coats of spraypaint to go! I know what you mean, I also prefer blogs to magazines!

      Delete
  2. Okay so now I have to break out my red cardigans so I can look like a Fudge London person. I really like it! I think I even have a blue polka dot top.
    I also can't wait to see your new apartment. And it is much more exciting to see you posing with turpentine rather than Starbucks. I mean really, Starbucks is SO overdone by bloggers.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA!! Oh awesome, I'm glad you're validating my turps habit here! *burps* Let's see what else I can find to pose with, hm? ;)
      You know what, I like the sound of "Fudge" so much that I'm kind of considering changing the blog's name to London Fudge, what do you think?! Red knitwear for the win, anyway! :)

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... I do like London Fudge! But maybe add another word on it too. Although my brain is now stuck and I can't think of anything clever. oh dear...

      Delete
    3. London Fudge Explosion?!
      ...that IS actually too crazy, even for me. ;)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the London look. It is funny that you found that magazine in Tokyo. The irony circle of the situation is hilarious to me. I mean, though, that that outfit is rad, fab, so chic and cool that I would be intimidated to approach you and talk to you because you would be too cool for me. The jeans are so good!

    I love the peplum top and the skirt. I hope you find a new spot to be stealthy. Taking pictures in front of people is no fun. Turpentine, on the other hand...awesome.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Irony circle is exactly the term I was looking for, but never knew existed! I love that expression! And thanks hon, I honestly didn't think I looked *that* cool?! But the hipster quotient was kind of on its way through the roof - I wore it to meet my friend at a really hipstery cafe, and felt like I fit right in for once, haha!

      You know what thought? There is a park kind of opposite our tower block, there's even a dead actor buried there, which should be a good omen, right? But there are always dogs and ball games going on, so I'm still to nervous to try taking pictures there...

      Delete