Tuesday, 17 March 2015

The Dog Ate My Homework!

Sweater: Madewell, Blouse: Lindex, Jeans: AG's, Boots: Anthro - all terribly OLD!!
So whoa, I haven't blogged in like, forever. Main reason? I started a really cool new job! But I'm not going to get into that right now, because Liz here kindly nominated me for the Liebster award about five hundred years ago. THANK YOU LIZ, I AM NOT WORTHY, because I am a slob who doesn't blog or answer comments. So, while I tackle her questions, I insist that you read my post while listening to this song, because just like the Boys, I'm Back. On the, uh, street. Or something.

1: Community. I'm so lucky to have met such wonderful people through blogging, and to have made such wonderful friends! 
2: From blogs, from American magazines like Lucky and Glamour (UK ones are so, so awful), Kinfolk and the West Elm catalogues, which are all stuck together now due to being drooled on so often. 
3: How would you describe your personal style?
Polkadots with other stuff thrown in. Or maybe "Dottentott"?  
4: What are some of your someday dream jobs?
Well, full-time comics writer would be pretty sweet. Contracts with several big publishers, and at least three ongoing series on the go.  
5: You know that movie Amelie? Yeah, exactly. Also, there is this author I'm really obsessed with right now - Jeff Vandermeer. He recently finished a series about an intelligent landscape that spreads and takes over EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in sight.  
6: If and why do you think fashion is important?
Because it is another kind of creativity, and it allows us all to be creative with what we wear, and how to express ourselves. Also, it's fun, and there is never enough fun to go around!


7: Where would you like to travel? 
I'd really like to travel more extensively around Japan - we've been there a couple of times already, and I really love travelling to the smaller towns and exploring their unusual tourist attractions - like the Sand Museum in Nima, or the Tezuka Museum outside Osaka. Victor wants to go to Fukuoka, I want to go to Tottori and walk across the sand dunes... 

8: What lessons have you learned from blogging?
What flatters me, and what doesn't - the camera doesn't lie! It's also taught me to have confidence in myself and my silly style - "You can get away with it," Victor tells me, and it's true! Accept your love of green pants and polkadots, and the world will do the same.

9: Instead of a last supper, imagine a last outfit: what would it be, 
where would you wear it, and why?
Bahaha! Okay, so a last outfit would involve some kind of fabulous dress - which I will still magically fit into at the age of 87 or whatever - maybe this one? And of course, my moto boots that I wear all the time, and my wedding rings. I'd wear this to the Tokyo Diner with Victor, for one last Chicken Katsu Curry (him) and Salmon Donbury (me), because we better clock out together, or else. Why? Because I love these items so, so much!

10: What advice would you give to your younger self? 
Don't take things so seriously - all that energy you spend stressing out, you could pour into creative projects and doing fun stuff. 

11: What do you want your legacy to be?
A mountain of graphic novels collecting my finished comics. (Graphic novels = way much more royalties than individual floppies, you know.) 


Congratulations! You have reached the end of the questionnaire, and may reward yourself with a brownie, or a carrot dipped in hummus or something. Thanks for bothering to come back and check my blog after so long! In the words of Little Nutbrown Hare, I love you THIIIIS MUCH!!

PS: Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm not getting pinched! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! This was so fun to read, particularly the bits about what you've learned and what you'd wear for your last outfit. I'm totally with you on the whole "YOU can pull it off" thing. If someone has the personality to rock their outfit, then I think almost anything is wearable. Also, like you said, fashion is about fun, and there's never enough to go around.

    Back to your "last outfit" - you realize your dream day is quite feasible, right? If that's how you'd celebrate on your last day, and if it's something you can achieve today, then by all means do it! Today! Tomorrow! Frequently! I think we should celebrate life and fashion and fun! Kyle agrees. He just wishes it didn't cost so much money. lol

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I could go have that final meal + outfit anytime - though maybe when it's a bit warmer would be good... And yes, Kyle and Victor would get on like a house on fire. In fact, I'm sure they'd try to starts some kind of support group for the husbands of people like us. ;)

      Delete