Monday, 11 May 2015

Iron Man or Spider Man?

Dress & boots: Anthro, Cardigan: Vero Moda, Tights: American Apparel
Whoa - my legs match my wall! I've been thinking about what to do with this black wall-space, and I have this idea. We spotted these art-deco style superhero posters in a shop, and since Spiderman was Victor's favourite, I may frame it and put it up here to surprise him! My favourite was Iron Man, and I'm also considering putting both of them up, sort of facing each other... or would that be too much geek chic? Each poster is 80x60 cm, so they'd make an impact, to put it mildly. I'd welcome any feedback! Tell me if I'm about to make a terrible mistake!!


Oh and speaking of Iron Man, we went and watched the new Avengers movie (and I didn't wear this outfit), and I dunno... I have mixed feelings about it. My most minor gripe is that the supposedly Eastern European twins Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver speak badly accented English even when they are speaking to each other.  


Victor just keeps saying, "But it wasn't Iron Man who built Ultron! It was ANT MAN!!" I never read the comics, so this doesn't bother me in the slightest, but... Maybe I just missed Loki. Maybe I need to watch it again to fully appreciate the sheer OTT gloriousness of it. 


Anyway, this is a date-night outfit from last Friday - it's kind of 2009, isn't it? But still, I kind of like it - mustard, mint and tomato! Also, I'd spent my day off baking in this dress, so all I had to do was take off the apron and put on tights, and I was good to go! 

4 comments:

  1. I love your smile in these photos! I think that having the two super heroes face off on your wall would be super cute. Maybe designate a space just for that, and don't clutter it with other wall art and knick-knacks? I'm the queen of clutter, and I'm trying to create more of a minimalist space (to minimize my dusting and cleaning chores!). I think the two posters would speak to your fun, kitschy sensibilities, and facing them off seems clever!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I've bought Spiderman and realised we may not have room for then both if we want to hang up the corkboard... I will start with Spidey and see how it feels! I get what you mean about clutter 100%, but I'm starting to think we'll be better served by making that a sort of kitchen gallery wall. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic color combo!!

    I'm with Liz! Go for the posters! It sounds like fun. Besides, if it ends up being too much you can always take them down and put them somewhere else!

    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! Like I said I will dip one toe in with just the one poster and take it from there - but I love that you love the idea!

      Delete