Friday, 1 May 2015

La Touriste



 Sacre Coeur in the sunshine... is there anything more lovely? This church is right on the edge of Monmartre which, thanks to the movie Amelie, will always be my favourite part of Paris. Sadly, you're not allowed to take photos inside, but we did manage to snap some outfit pictures on the front steps instead!

Dress: Anthro, Blazer: UniQlo, Scarf: Madewell, Shoes: WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM. 

This winter, I spent a lot of time sale-stalking this dress... it's exactly the right shape for my body, and it's my fourth "criss-cross" dress, actually. I also have a red one, a cloudrose one, and a referee-striped one. Hey, if it works, it works - right?  And yes, the shoes - they are like Fight Club. We don't talk about them. 

Anyway, this was my view while Victor was snapping my picture:


It was the first warm spring day I'd experienced this year, and the air was literally shimmering with the heat. It was so bright that I had no idea if the pictures would even come out or not, I just kind of had to aim my phone at things and snap, hoping for the best. But there it is, Paris, spread out majestically before us like some kind of cultural smorgasbord. 


Did I mention this church has gargoyles? Ever since that old Disney movie about the bell-ringer of Notre Dame, I've had a soft spot for gargoyles. Wasn't one of the gargoyles voiced by George from Seinfeld? Anyway, there they are, warding off evil like little champs, snapping their teeth against the blue sky. 



Anyway, it seemed fitting to bring along my Madewell "Paris" scarf that I'd recently scored on Ebay - spread it out like a napkin, and you can see that it's got all the districts of Paris written on it. I wore this scarf every day during our trip - and of course, I wore my old wardrobe hero, ye olde black blazer! Anywhere I go on holiday, I try to bring this blazer along; on this trip it also doubled as a cardigan and outside jacket when it got too hot for my leopard coat. Blazers Save Lives, people. Word.




- le End -

4 comments:

  1. This just reminds me... it's been so long since I watched that movie!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Amelie withdrawal! :(

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these snaps! Kyle and I are fantasizing about a trip to Paris. The more seriously we discuss it, the further out on the horizon it seems to drift. It started with this spring, then moved to this fall, and now it's lingering somewhere on the spring 2016 calender. Oh, I hope, I wish, I pray! I love this dress on you. I tried it on and really liked it too, but beige-y browns are always a tough color with my pinky skin. Love that you made it city-chic with the scarf and blazer!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, but you'll make it there one day! And you will both love it! I know you will - Paris has something for everyone. As for this dress, it actually only caught my eye because I liked it so much on you! (And I don't know what you're talking about, it really suited you!) I even call it my Pumpkin Spice Latte dress in my head, haha!

      Delete