Sunday, 21 June 2015

Go With The Flowy

Shirt: Anthro, Skirt: old J.Crew, Shoes: Ecco

The day I wore this outfit to work, I felt a bit like I was being eaten by my own shirt. These days I'm all about finding basics with a twist - I mean, I've realised that wearing a standard white shirt actually makes me feel ill, but if I can sneak in the tiniest bit of quirkiness or personality, I feel fine. Okay, so I'm essentially wearing a monochrome circus tent here, or rather it is wearing me. But I like it!

This is my Game of Thrones finale face. Like, UGH! 

Shirts aside, is anybody else seething over the Game of Thrones finale? I mean, Episode 9 was bad enough - who cooks their own kid, anyway?! - but Episode 10 just took it to a whole new level. I guess if you've read the books, you'll know how much the series has departed from the books by now.  My gut reaction was, "I'm done with this now". And the day after, when I met up with Second WIfe for Japanese food and girl talk, one of the first things she said was, "Game of Thrones? I'm done!" Victor and I wound up watching Pompeii to make ourselves feel better, and that worked! Having actually been to Pompeii, we could see how faithful they'd been to it when they built the sets, and it was just such a good movie.  


Also, I found the coolest 1940's style tights in a bargain bin, and now I wish I'd had the foresight to rummage around for another pair or two. Because how cute is that stripe running down my leg? And you know these days I'm all about the stripes...

2 comments:

  1. Super cute top!
    I have not been able to watch a single episode of Game of Thrones because of the violence. Freddy feels the same way you do about the most resent episodes. He doesn't understand why the producers feel the need to assault their audience the way they have.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia!! :)
      Oh you really are better off not watching it at all if you don't do well with violence! When I read the books, I thought they offered up a really fresh take on the fantasy genre, and at first the show was true to that spirit. But now, the show's become all about shocking viewers and killing off as many characters as possible. Sigh.

      Delete