Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Last days of summer




Dress: Anthro, old, Shoes: Birkenstocks, Bag: Madewell
So all of a sudden we had an actual day of summer! So I yanked this dress off the hanger, leapt into my sandals and skipped out for an afternoon stroll with Victor. We ended up at Udderly Delicious for some home-made ice cream - they make salted caramel flavour! And mojito sherbet, which I have yet to try, because salted caramel, but I love that it exists - strolling down the road looking for a bench to perch on while we ate. And then, we spotted the BUS. 


It's one of those old vintage busses that they now rent out to wedding parties. Only this one was empty, and the driver was reading the newspaper. In the seat in the back, right next to where I hopped on and yelled "TAKE MY PICTURE!!" Hence my nervous look here. Later on in the walk, we also found an alley that would be good for photo-ops - if I can ever convince Victor to take my photo again. He sure gets all growltiger about it sometimes!


 Also, say hello to my latest incarnation - sleepwalker Gwen. Who somehow got dressed, took the elevator and shuffled into this little alley. Zzzzzz, yawn!


 Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go wash this dress and put it into storage, because the very next day it started to rain sideways over here and it has barely stopped since. Fall is here to stay, and we are feeling cheated - but hey, layering. There's always a silver lining...

3 comments:

  1. No summer?! You can have ours. May we take your rain? Ugh so hot and so dry. It's really creepy here. We've got at least two more month of it.
    I love your romantic outfit! So pretty.
    And I hear you on the salted caramel - it's my absolute favorite!! Yummmm...
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to start this new show called Weatherswap. It'll be like Wifeswap, only with way more science and doomsday-machinery involved, and also possibly Storm from the X-men... ;)

      Yeah, we had the shortest summer this year, gimme yours already!! Also, how cool that we are salted caramel twinsies! :) I recently found out that Whittards makes salted caramel hot chocolate and I am downright AFRAID to try it out, haha...

      Delete
    2. Oh gosh- resist resist resist. But then... you only live once. Tell me how they are if you try one. Or ten. :0

      Delete