Monday, 21 September 2015

Three Out Of Three

Top: Sundry, Jeans: AG, Shoes: Cath Kidston, Jacket & bag: Madewell

So the good news is, that comics submission I was involved in? We finally sent it off, and I have time to blog again! And the bad news? Well, the bad news is, it got rejected the same day we sent it off. Which is kind of a milestone in the world of rejections, let me tell you, it's usually never that fast. But well, the guy didn't even bother opening the PDF before telling us the publisher wasn't "looking for any new series" at the moment - even though he'd been the one to invite us to pitch to them in the first place. Go figure. 

Shirt: Anthro, Pants: Oasis, Bag & boots: Madewell, Icecream: Ben & Jerry's

Anyway, after a few years of doing this sort of thing, you'll be happy to know I've developed pretty thick skin. And I did manage to have some fun and wear the occasional cute outfit while this was all going down - even if I didn't manage to take proper photos. Luckily Victor always carries his big Samsung phone around in his back pocket, so we have some funny location shots - I'm just sorry about the picture quality! 

Jacket, bag & boots: Madewell, Dress: Cath Kidston

In other news, this dress is fairly new and I am still madly in love with it, because let's face it, it's hard not to love a dress that's covered in horses. Hopefully I'll get round to photographing one of the many awesome outfits I have in mind for this dress soon...!  Anyway, I'll leave you with this haiku I just made up:

My homework was ready
But then, that pesky dog showed up
I'm sure you can guess the rest. 

7 comments:

  1. The rejection is a total disappointment, but I suppose you learned a lot along the way, right? And you can always submit it to a different publisher in the future. I'd be frustrated too that he invited the submission and then immediately rejected it without giving it a proper study. Glad that you've finally freed up some time to do other things you enjoy, though! I love how your outfit matches the lanterns in the first photo. And you're perfectly coordinated with the Peanuts in the second one as well! lol Was that planned? I've started wearing longer tunic tops with skinnies almost daily here. I'm not sure why, but I've been reaching for jeans over dresses for the past couple of weeks. Maybe because I've finally found pairs that fit well and actually look good? What a revelation!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no - all co-ordination was purely accidental! And yeah I know what you mean, I am sooo into flowy stuff right now and I'm not even sure why! And yes, once you've found a good jeans brand you never look back, right?

      And yeah, we can probably submit it elsewhere, but all publishers have different submission guidelines so we'd have to rewrite it - and right now, I don't even wanna look at it, haha. Also, there aren't that many publishers that accept unsolicited submissions over here, so yeah, sigh.

      Delete
  2. One rejection! Bah! Don't lose hope! They say here in LA that it takes over 100 auditions to land a callback and then another 100 more to get a part. I am sure getting published is even more difficult. Still disappointing though I know. Super duper congrats on finishing! What a big deal! Woo hoo! Can't wait to see it!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Cynthia! That does put things into perspective a bit, 100 times, I mean... can you say soul-crushing? Anyway, I'm sure I could send you something if you want to see it - should I just use the contact email for Marcy Very Much?

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh that would be amazing! Yes!
      marcyverymuch@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Pink horses, natch... and pink tights to match! Lovely.

    Sorry about the rejection. I know that must be disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Liana! It was pretty devastating yeah, but I'm trying to just focus on the positive side of things now, like how I have more time to photograph myself wearing this horse dress - I have like 500 outfits planned with it, haha. :)

      Delete