Tuesday, 26 January 2016

French + Vintage

Sweater, shirt, skirt & necklace: all Madewell. Hmmm.

That's how I feel in this getup. French and vintage-y. Which, by the way, also applies to this poster in the background. I may have mentioned before that my parents kept a 1970's poster of Carcassonne in their toilet? Well, after my Mum refurbished the bathrooms, this poster was put away in a tube and left on the hat rack - until I framed it and put it up in our kitchen! This is a kind of promotion for the poster, when you think about it. Looking at this thing just makes me happy!


Anyway. Wore this to have brunch with Victor and one of my besties, at a strange place with an unpronouncable name and weirdly delicious food. ("We only use sour-dough bread," they said haughtily - but they made sour-dough taste good, which is no mean feat.) Felt awesome in the outfit, took lots of pictures, looked like Jack Black in a dress in most of them. Now I see why they pin the models' sweaters back at fashion shoots!  

4 comments:

  1. Love the outfit too! And is that necklace from Madewell? Every time I go to a Madewell I have to touch that necklace. I've been doing this for about two years now I think. Will it ever go on sale? Or maybe I should just break down and buy it.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get thee to Madewell and buy that necklace already!! (Yes, that's where I got it - I went to San Fran with a Madewell list, and most of the items on it were on sale by the time I got there, hehe.) I don't think this necklace will ever go on sale, it's one of their signature items isn't it - although maybe they'll run a jewellery promotion sometime and you could get it cheaper then? Regardless, it was a great buy, and I wear it all the time! #enabler

      Delete
  2. The poster is such a great find - and I love your outfit! Also, I replied to your comment on my blog but wanted to make sure you got the info - the vintage store I went to in Paris is called Killiwatch Vintage, it's HUGE and they carry both new and used pieces and I wouldn't be surprised if that's where you saw the clutch you mentioned. it's in a cute area, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Julie! :) I really appreciate you stopping by, Killwatch Vintage, I will remember that!! Since you liked the poster, well, there was a second vintage poster in the tube... oh heck I'm gonna just try to email you or something! ;)

      Delete