Sunday, 28 February 2016

Weekend style

Sweater: MadewellXSezanne, Skirt: Anthro, Shoes: Vans, Bag: Madewell

If it's warm enough, I'll wear a variation of this outfit on the weekend. Because this skirt is a serious alternative to wearing sweatpants out in public, it's that soft and stretchy! (I probably could have sized down, but I'm paranoid about my big butt, so...) Add Vans that I have reinforced with orthopedic insoles (because let's face it, Vans feel like they are made of cardboard unless you reinforce them) and my Transport Tote, and some kind of hat to hide my bedhead, and I look vaguely presentable on a Sunday morning!


Last time I wore this outfit, I actually swapped out my sweater with this red one (which is way old but still very well loved). I wore it to go shoeshopping with my friend who was staying over (this was last weekend), and then take her to Victoria station for her airport train. (I now own the world's most awesome pair of open-toe booties, with a chunky heel I can actually walk in. Cue confetti being thrown, etc.) Oh, and if you like this skirt? It seems Anthro is constantly reissuing it in new colourways and patterns. Though of course I prefer this one, hehe.


 It's funny because when this skirt first made it to the website, I was crushing on the teal and pink version, and gagging over how ugly this one was! Well, once I saw them in the store, my mind did a complete 180! The other skirt (the one they were promoting the most) was just so. damn. ugly. in person. And I realised that actually, this one was so kooky and cute! Also, this one went on sale first, though of course that didn't influence my decision at all. Nope! 

4 comments:

  1. Love that skirt - SO kooky and SO cute. And with that cap - omg you are killing me - so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much, Cynthia! This made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so hipster fabulous! The print on that skirt is vibrant and fun. It reminds me of a Picasso-meets-hipster neighborhood mural. It's funny how we totally pass things over online and then fall in love in person, and vice versa. I suppose you know why they were promoting the other colorway so much now. If it wasn't selling (because it was hideous lol), then that explains them pushing it so hard. I don't know what the other one looked like, but this one is fab and oh-so-Gwen!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Liz! Your theory is too funny, maybe you're right! It was the Teahouse skirt, sort of teal and dark green with neon pink swirly bits. Online, it looked like I'd be wearing Japanese video game art. In person... not so much, haha! Anyway, hipster fabulous is a new favourite phrase now - it should go under my name! (Like, "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.")

      Delete