Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Mom Jeans on Valentine's Day


Jacket: from Hong Kong, Top & clutch: Madewell, Necklace: c/o Sayaka,
Boots: from Norway, Jeans: Madewell, on sale now!

This was my date-night outfit for yesterday, when we celebrated our 13th Valentine's day together at a teppanyaki restaurant in our neighborhood. (We had to count that out on our fingers. 2005, 2006..) We were trying to remember what we ate on that first Valentine's, but neither of us remembers - Victor's main memory was that we went to see MacBeth, and it was a performance where they didn't exactly save on the ketchup, if you know what I'm saying. Not exactly romantic! And me, I know for a fact we went to a pub near the British Museum called The Ploughman - and we've never been back to that pub since, for some reason - before making out like it was the end of the world in a bus shed on Regent's Street. (Favourite Victor quote: "See, now you're just trying to eat me.") Anyway, we must have grabbed dinner somewhere but alas that is lost in the mists of time. 


Weirdly, we ended up matching for this date - Victor wore a red sweater over a shirt, and we both wore jeans because it's freezing over here, and nobody checks out your legs at teppanyaki anyway. Aside from my jeans, everything I'm wearing is stuff I've had for a while, but I love thinking of new ways to style stuff - this blouse and shirt combo was an accidental favourite, and all of a sudden I love pairing this necklace with this bag. And my jeans - brand new, I am obsessed with them! - are Cruiser Straights from the Madewell sale. And they are probably a size too big for me - they're supposed to hit you at the waist, right? This is what happens when you order online and can't try stuff on, I guess. I still love 'em, though! 

PS: Sorry about the picture quality - this is what happens when you find your camera but not your memory card. So until we find it or buy a new one, it's phone camera to the rescue! 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I always have to count on my fingers when it comes to figuring stuff out like anniversaries and how many years since this and that. I really love this outfit and would wear it in a heartbeat. The red jacket is awesome!! As for the cruiser straights being a tad too big - I like them like that! Makes 'em look trouser-like and polished. You could always try shrinking them. Though I did that with my Madewell Flares and now they are too small. lol
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia! I'm glad I'm not alone! And thanks so much, hon! That jacket - it's funny, it's a cheapie from Hong Kong that I bought on holiday (seeing the fam. over there) kind of on impulse. And I just never get sick of it.
      But EGADS WOMAN! Get yourself to the Madewell sale, they have more flares there! You looked so awesome in your Fleamarket flares. Maybe there's a way to stretch denim back out when it's shrunk...?

      Delete