Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Blossoms and Petals

Jacket: Anthropologie, Skirt: Chickwish, Sweatshirt, bag & shoes: Madewell. 

It's become a bit of a tradition, it seems, to get my picture taken under these trees, in this matching skirt, once every spring. Last year, I paired it with stripes, so this year, I mixed it up with my favourite sweatshirt and new bomber jacket instead (more on that in a minute). It's finally spring over here, and the blossoms are just exploding on trees all over town. Finally! 


So, this bomber jacket! It figures that after Cynthia and I agreed that Anthro has jumped the shark, I would spot this jacket in there while looking for a mug for my friend, and fall in love. Go home without the jacket, google it, and realize the price wasn't actually that bad. That I could afford this thing. Then go to Norway on personal business, where I'd be met with a whole Bildungsroman's worth of trouble and strife, and promptly buy myself the jacket as soon as I got back to London. Because I deserved it, or something. 


But anyway, it was totally an investment, because 1: Bomber jackets are the new hot item for spring, and 2: Blush pink is the new hot colour for spring. So BAM, that's like nailing two trends in the one item! I'm practically saving money here! (Sarcasm.) But more importantly, I really like this jacket. Wearing it puts a spring in my step, and it goes really well with the rest of the stuff in my closet. This won't be the last time you see this jacket - prepare to get sick of it! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think we could ever get sick of it 'cause it is AWESOME! Love it! And, of course, you are saving money by getting it. Just do the cost per wear math and you will find that you made money with that jacket. Btw, thank you very much for the shout out!!
    Oh! And I totally had to google "Bildungsroman". Still trying out the pronunciation. :D
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think the proper definition is German Doorstop Novel, right? ;) We did German in school, for the entire 12 years, alongside English - since Norwegian is a language spoken only by Norwegians and thus has limited used out in the world, haha.
      And THANK YOU! You know, it's funny, but I think you're right - the fact that it's sort of neutral and just really nicely made makes me think I'll be using this jacket for years to come. I mean, I originally fell really hard for those embroidered bombers I discovered when Nautical Preppy was having it's moment. ;) But those aren't available in the UK, in spite of being by a UK design firm (!), and I've realised I actually prefer the more simple (and cheaper) version.

      Delete