Thursday, 20 April 2017

Hello from Helsinki

Cardigan: Topshop, Blouse: French Connection, Necklace: Forever 21
Jeans: Paige Verdugo, Shoes: Superga

 Hello from Helsinki! We're on a little holiday - having spent Easter in Tallinn, we took a ferry across to Helsinki to celebrate my birthday. That was yesterday, and we had so much fun. Oh, and this was my birthday outfit! I kind of liked it. 


We started the day with a little expedition to Hertonniemi, where there is a Marimekko outlet. Now, my main goal with that was to find something for my mum, who is a big Marimekko fan - provided the patterns aren't too loud by her standards. I found one thing in a pattern I know she likes - success! Victor then suggested I try some stuff on, and insisted on buying me the cutest dress - as soon as I'm back in London, I'm gonna start wearing this thing, and I can't wait to style it. Here in Finland, it's just way too cold - it's actually hailing right now!


After Marimekko, we went to the Helsinki Art Museum - known as HAM, I kid you not! - to see the Tove Jansson gallery. She was such a talented artist, and the main attraction was a pair of huge frescoes she made for a dining hall. They are called Party in the Country and Party in the City, and they are just stunning. Also, if you look closely you can see a tiny moomin in each picture! We went on to have dinner at a viking-themed restaurant, and cocktails at a bar called Liberty or Death - where we had to order by process of elimination, as it were, and limit our choices to the drinks that didn't contain absinthe! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a fabulous trip!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete