Friday, 26 May 2017

Le Cien or le Sheep?

Blazer: Debenhams, Animal Kingdom Blouse: Anthro, Boots & flares: Madewell

What manner of creature is this, that's populating my new favourite blouse? Is it le cien or le sheep? Does it go woof or baa? Or is it some kind of Wuzzle-like genetically spliced animal that combines elements from both species?! Regardless, the creatures are cute, and I love them. Whatever they are. 


This blouse was one of those things I looked at in the sale room years ago and dismissed - and then recently started thinking about again. A quick ebay search turned up a specimen - I mean, blouse - in my size, and I bought that thing faster than you can say "Freaks of nature". Again, this just goes to show that what Anthropologie is producing now is nowhere near as good as what they were making just a few years ago. Well, with the exception of a very special pink bomber jacket, of course. Hehe. Oh well, buying second-hand clothing is probably good for the environment or something.  


The irony isn't lost on me that this is exactly the sort of outfit Jenni from the blog Gnomelover would wear... Well, minus the blazer, maybe! In fact, when I was searching for this blouse, images of her wearing it showed up! It's now been over two years since she stopped blogging, and I still miss her. Wherever you are, Jennikins, I hope you are well. 

4 comments:

  1. Haha! This is way too similar to the outfit I just posted. You were right! I guess tangerine orange and cornflower blue are in the air or something?! This is a darling outfit, and the blazer really tops it off to perfection. Also, I am on the hunt for a good flared or bootcut jean after five years of wearing skinnies almost exclusively. This pair fits you perfectly!

    Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Great minds think alike! And thanks, hon - all I can tell you is, don't buy the Madewell flares I'm wearing here! They are super long, I mean you know how tall I am and I'm wearing the SHORT version! Maybe you could collaborate with a more denim focused brand on a plus-size collection...? And end up not only with the perfect jeans, but a situation where you get paid to wear them?!

      Delete
  2. Gasp! I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!!! LOVE!
    Awww... the miss Jenni too. I hope she is okay. I wish she would have checked in to let us know if she is okay. So many of our blogger friends have disappeared. It's always such a mystery. Ah well - I love this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hon! And I know what you mean - it's so awful and sad when someone just disappears. You just worry so much! I'm just super relieved to have reconnected with a couple of people over instagram instead - but sadly not Jenni. I miss my little blonde munchkin! :(

      Delete