Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Sheep and Stripes

Top & belt: Anthro, Skirt: Lindex, Sandals: Birkenstock, Bag & Sunnies: Madewell

I mean, you don't see that pattern-mix every day, right? Though in all fairness, I lifted the idea of this outfit straight out of an old Anthro catalogue. The model was wearing this very same top with a similar belt and skirt, and as soon as I had this top in my hands, I knew I wanted to recreate that outfit. That's not exactly original, I suppose, but hey, you couldn't see her feet so I had to actually decide on footwear for myself! Not that it was a hard decision. Now that it's finally warm, I like to wave my toes in the wind!


Sorry about my face. Victor wasn't being the world's most cooperative photographer! Weirdly, I can't remember where we were going, or what we did. It's two AM and I've been up working late, so maybe that has something to do with it! Still, I'm sure we had fun together - we usually do! All I remember is, we went for Japanese barbecue at some point, and the belt had to come off. Hah!


Oooh wait, it's all coming back to me - we went to see the Hokusai exhibition at the British Museum that day, with two of our friends! It was seriously amazing, some of his drawings literally looked like they were going to climb out of the paper and come get you. Hokusai lived until he was 90, and he kept challenging himself to develop his art. He was drawing and painting right until the end of his life. He inspired so many Western artists, especially Vincent Van Gogh. But the funny thing is, he also drew inspiration from Western art, and started using Western style perspective in his pictures. We humans can't help but influence each other, it seems! Whether it's copying a print of plum blossoms or a picture from an old Anthro catalogue... Hehe. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The pattern mixing here is fabuuuuulous! I have been known to buy outfits straight off the mannequins at Anthro. LOL! I mean, why not? That's what the catalogs and stuff are for! I hope your toes get to stay out all summer!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I'm just gonna take your justification and roll with it, haha! And you know what, it's already got colder! The toes are back in shoes, aaahh!

      Delete