Tuesday, 6 June 2017

A new spin on an old trick

Top: Madewell, Skirt: Anthro, Sandals: Birkenstock, Necklace: Self-made

It's been quite a week here in London. I don't really want to talk about it. Not just because it's sad and scary, but also because we weren't directly affected by it, nor was anyone we know. So that would just feel disrespectful, somehow. There was a one-minute silence today, and I observed it. Maybe someone will think blogging about clothes is frivolous and disrespectful, too, but that's how I choose blow off steam.  


 Anyway. This is basically a new spin on an old favourite, stripes and florals. There was also a lilac cardigan, to go with the necklace, but it was just too warm for that when these pictures were taken. If you're into Anthro, you may realise that my skirt is very, very old! Yet, it's new to me - I randomly came across the name of the skirt, searched for it on ebay, and someone had one in my size that they were selling. I remember holding this skirt in the sale room years ago - in 2010, probably! - and then putting it back without even trying it on. And regretting it ever since... but now, finally, it's mine! 


It's funny, Liz from With Wonder And Whimsy and I recently had this conversation where she asked me if, when I shop, I always look for specific items. And yeah, I think she basically hit it right on the nose. I seem to be really into the whole "treasure-hunt" aspect of shopping, and it's rare that I just go shopping to see if I can find something I like. I mean, let's be real, I have enough stuff. So I have to be picky, and the stuff has to be special. And it has to fit into what my current closet and colour scheme is, and man, does it ever. This skirt is here to stay - and you know what? Now that I'm no longer looking for it, I've completely forgotten what the skirt was called!

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit and the print mixing at play. The flounces make it feel flirty and oh-so-breezy for summertime.

    I see my blog and the blogs I read as a retreat and a way to celebrate beauty and lightheartedness. There's nothing wrong with a little frivolity, and honestly, we could use more of it with all of these tragedies. Your blog spreads creativity, humor, and joy, and there's never a bad time for that I don't think.

    Liz
    http://withwonderandwhimsy.com/2017/06/07/plus-size-summer-sundresses/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Liz! Now that you know about Norwegian attitudes to blogging, you know why my default setting is feeling guilty for doing it... But yeah, there's this song by Belle and Sebastian where they say, "Do something pretty when you can," and that can be anything you like, right? As long as it's something positive. Maybe that should be my new motto? And I agree, those flounces...! I love them!

    ReplyDelete