Thursday, 17 August 2017

Adirondacks and Stripes

Top: Warehouse, Shortalls + bag: Madewell, Shoes: Superga
Last summer, I found myself wishing I had short overalls - especially while we were walking around Hong Kong in 36 degrees Celsius at the tail end of summer. Overalls are just one of my favourite things to wear. What with all the extended-family wedding stuff, I was feeling a bit awkward and isolated, and craving something cosy and familiar. So later on, I bought these Adirondack Short Overalls at the end-of-season sale at Madewell, thinking I'd save them for this summer. That strategy worked out okay! This is their first appearance here, but I have worn them a lot. A lot a lot. 


So, with regards to my "new" style that I'm figuring out, I guess a big part of it is combining things that are a bit blokey, like shortalls, with something a bit more ladylike? This top being the "ladylike" part of the equation. This was another end-of-season sale find for me - from this past winter at Warehouse. Once summer temps hit, it seemed the stores couldn't get rid of this top fast enough - so after wanting it all winter, I scored it for half price. I'm hoping to get a lot of wear out of both of these things, and I really like how they look together! I'm also really into the colour combo of my brown bag with this navy striped top - for some reason it makes me feel really chic, shortalls or no shortalls!

1 comment: