Saturday, 12 August 2017

Karaoke Club

Bandana: Vintage,  Jacket: Warehouse, Everything else: Madewell - I knowww!

Oh crap - I've become one of those people who wear a single brand head to toe, it seems. I mean, for a while I was like that with Anthro too, and it was all, let's mix up horses and polkadots and something very pink and see what happens, whee! This outfit, I think, is a little more chill. At least it's got that going for it! I mean, I used to walk through Harajuku when we were on holiday in Tokyo and be like, whoa, does this person just go inside a shop, buy everything, and go home? And now I am that person?! At least my jacket is from Warehouse, and my bandana is from My Mom's House!


Anyway - let's talk culottes! I watched this documentary where there was a woman wearing a really similar pair with an off-the-shoulder lace blouse, and instantly I was like, I need striped culottes ASAP! But of course it wasn't that simple - the only pair I could find that looked right were at Madewell, so that involved sizing up, crossing my fingers and ordering via a friend who lives in Seattle. I always size up, because I'm paranoid. In this case, while the culottes were too big, they shrank in the wash and now fit me perfectly. More or less. They may have started stretching. Hmmm. 


Now, as for this T-shirt - I haven't done Karaoke more than, let's see, three times in my life I think? I know, that's like, nothing! How dare I call myself a member of the Karaoke Club then, right? But well, it's not like I don't enjoy karaoke - especially not when I do it with Victor, who likes to open with his personalized, rather non-PC version of Coldplay's Yellow. 

Also, this jacket - someone reached inside my brain and designed my perfect suede jacket - it's not even real suade, it's vegan! And it's so soft, like wearing a cloud... I only discovered this thing by accident, from a brand I don't normally shop at - but man, am I glad I did! I have been living in this thing, I tell you...

2 comments:

  1. I love those culottes! I love culottes in general - ever since I wore them in third grade - they were jeans gauchos! It looks like Uniqlo is debuting a pair of jeans culottes on September 1st that I simply MUST have. Btw, if your culottes stretch out too much you can always get them tailored. Good call on making sure they are too big and not too small! They look perfect in the pic!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I used to think you were the only person I knew who could get away with culottes. No joke. I am actually considering tailoring them in the spring, because they are too big, really. But maybe I can manage to do it myself... And thank you!! These pants may be a weird choice for me but I really love them.

      Delete